Friday 24 July, 2009

How can I remove sweat stains?

I have a job that requires me to wear a uniform. Part of the uniform is a clip on tie. I tend to sweat alot and noticed that I get white stains on the tie. At first I thought they were from powder on my neck. I finally realized they are from sweat. I just bought a new one and the stains were on it the first night. How do you remove those stains?
How can I remove sweat stains?
Deodorant Build Up Removal


The deodorant/antiperspirant build up, which also causes yellow armpit stains, is likely caused by a combination of deodorant and perspiration. Many deodorants and antiperspirants contain aluminum salts. When these salts are combined with laundry detergent, especially in cooler water settings, they are not easily dissolved, and they remain on the fabric. To remove the stains and build up of antiperspirant, try soaking the shirts in warm water with an enzyme pre-soak product. Wash in the hottest water safe for the fabric. If the stain remains, dampen and sprinkle stain with meat tenderizer. Let stand for about an hour then launder again. To avoid new stains from forming, always wash the shirts in the hottest water safe for the fabric. To prevent these stains, allow your antiperspirant to dry completely before dressing. Wearing a cotton undershirt under polyester shirts will help absorb perspiration ...
How can I remove sweat stains?
Add 125ml of Chlorinated Break Cleaner to your laundry the next time you wash your clothes.





It WILL NOT harm your clothing, in fact you will notice that your clothes will be cleaner, brighter and FRESHER.





Do NOT use "non-chlorinated" break cleaner as this does not work.





If you are doing a "heavy" or "large" load, use about 200ml-225ml of break cleaner.
Reply:Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply to the stains and let sit for about 20 minutes. Wash as usual. If the stain is still there buy regular "chalk" (which comes in many colors) and apply to stain before wearing. The chalk will not harm the material.


No comments:

Post a Comment